This trip cancellation travel insurance plan covers you (and your companions) if you are renting a vacation property. If you also have non-refundable airfare you can include that in the insured trip cost. And, if you get it by Final Payment it covers pre-existing conditions of the travellers and non-traveling family members.
The table below describes what the 330CSA Vacation Rental Insurance Plan covers with the maximum benefit limits for each coverage. The coverages are per policy.
Our Rental Travel Insurance plan’s price is 6.95% (prepaid trip cost x 6.95%) of your total prepaid non-refundable trip cost
Here’s how the 330CSA Vacation Rental Plan defines a pre-existing condition:
PRE-EXISTING CONDITION means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60-day period immediately prior to
1. received, or received a recommendation for, a diagnostic test, examination, or medical treatment; or
Item 2 of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60-day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.
The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion is waived provided you meet both the following requirements:
Final payment is the last prepaid payment (prior to departure) of the most expensive part of the trip, unless the main air arrangements are added last. “Main air arrangements” refer to air to/from the main destination vs. tickets for a side trip during the vacation.
Here’s What the 330CSA Vacation Rental Plan Covers:
|Coverage||Limit Per Person||Limit Per Reservation|
|Who can get this?||Any US resident|
|Where will it cover you?||Anywhere in the world|
Reimburses you for certain prepaid non-refundable expenses if you are forced to cancel your trip for a covered reason
|Up to 100% of Reservation Cost
The maximum reservation cost this plan covers is $50,000
Pay for certain additional non-refundable expenses due to an interruption of your trip caused by a covered reason.
|Up to 150% of Reservation Cost
The maximum reservation cost this plan covers is $50,000
|Your deadline to cover stable Pre-Existing Conditions is:||The date you pay your Final Payment (prior to departure) of the most expensive part of the trip, unless the main air arrangements are added last.|
|Pre-Existing Condition Lookback Period||60 Days prior to the policy purchase date|
|Travel Delay ($200 Per Person Daily Limit)
Provides coverage if you are delayed while at the beginning or during the course of your trip for more than 12 hours due to a covered reason.
Reimburses for the purchase of essential items if your baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours.
|Medical or Dental Expense||$25,000||$250,000|
|Emergency Assistance (Emergency Medical Transportation)
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Provides coverage for loss of limb or life in the event of an accident while traveling, or within 180 days after the accident due to the direct result of that accident.
|Rental Car Damage
(Not available to residents of Texas and Oregon)
|24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services
A CSA exclusive service that provides assistance when your identity has been compromised while traveling on your vacation. This safeguard is automatically included for a full six months beginning on your scheduled departure date.* Identity Theft Resolution does not provide assistance for thefts involving non-US bank accounts.
|Provided by CSA’s Designated Provider|
|Insurance Underwriter||Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company (A- Rated)|
|Identity Theft Protection Coverages Maximum Benefits:|
|Free Look Period||10 Days|
|Identity Theft Recovery Services||Included|
|Secure online order form link (you don’t pay extra fees using us)||330CSA Secure Online Quote & Order Page|
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Benefits
Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation
If you are prevented from taking your Trip for one of the covered reasons below, we will reimburse you, up to the amount in the Schedule, for the amount of prepaid, forfeited, non-refundable payments or deposits that you paid for your Trip.
Post-Departure Trip Interruption Benefits
If you are delayed beyond the Scheduled Departure Date or are unable to continue your Covered Trip for one of the covered reasons below, we will reimburse you, less any refund paid or payable, for unused land or water travel arrangements, plus one of the following additional transportation expenses:
1. from the point you interrupted your Trip to the next scheduled destination where you can catch up to your Trip or to the final destination of your Trip.
2. expenses incurred by you to reach the next scheduled destination where you can catch up to your Trip if you leave after the Scheduled Departure Date of your Trip.
Note: Any forfeited, prepaid, nonrefundable and unused Payments for subsequent arrangements such as lift tickets, greens fees, equipment rentals, excursions and lessons are eligible for reimbursement under this benefit.
Reasons for Cancellation and Interruption:
2. Trip Interruption due to Sickness, Injury or death of you, your Family Member or Traveling Companion. The Sickness or Injury must commence while you are on your Covered Trip, require the examination by a Physician, in person, at the time of Trip Interruption and, in the written opinion of the treating Physician, be so disabling as to prevent you from continuing your Trip.
The following reasons apply to you, a Family Member traveling with you, or a Traveling Companion and must occur while coverage is in effect:
1. mandatory evacuation or public official evacuation advisements where there is no mandatory evacuation issued by local government authorities at your destination due to adverse weather or natural disaster. In order to cancel or interrupt your Covered Trip, you must have 4 days or 50% of your total Covered Trip length or less remaining on your Covered Trip at the time the mandatory evacuation ends;
2. being directly involved in a documented traffic accident while en route to your vacation rental;
3. interruption of water, electric, sewage or gas services at your destination due to inclement weather or natural disaster so as to prohibit you from reaching or remaining at your destination, for more than 24 hours and only for up to 15 days from interruption of services or to resumption of services, whichever comes first;
4. interruption of road service at your destination due to inclement weather or natural disaster so as to prohibit you from reaching your destination, for more than 6 hours and only for up to 15 days from interruption of road service or to resumption of road service, whichever comes first;
5. being called into active military service in the event of a natural disaster;
6. the primary/secondary school where you attend extends its operating session beyond its pre-defined school year. Your Trip must fall within the extension period;
7. being hijacked, quarantined (except as a result of a pandemic or epidemic), required to serve on a jury, or required by a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action;
8. your primary residence is made Uninhabitable by fire, flood or natural disaster;
9. Common Carrier delays resulting from inclement weather, mechanical breakdown or organized labor strikes;
10. arrangements cancelled by an airline resulting from inclement weather, mechanical breakdown, or organized labor strikes;
11. a documented theft of passports or visas;
12. a transfer of employment of 250 miles or more;
13. a Terrorist Act, which occurs in your departure city or in a city that is a scheduled destination for your Trip, provided the Terrorist Act occurs within 7 days of the Scheduled Departure Date of your Trip;
14. your involuntary termination of employment or layoff that occurs more than 15 days after your effective date and was not under your control. You must have been continuously employed with the same employer for 1 year prior to the termination or layoff;
15. your or your Traveling Companion’s or traveling Family Member’s approved, written military leave involuntarily revoked as a result of being temporarily or permanently reassigned, being called to active military reserve or an extension of deployment beyond a defined tour of duty within 30 days of your departure date. All leave must be approved prior to the Policy effective date. Full or partial mobilization or mass reassignment of Armed Forces, invocation of the War Powers Act, base or unit mobilization is not covered.
For purposes of the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption benefits, we will consider your service animal as a Traveling Companion in determining coverage and benefits, if your service animal is scheduled to travel with you.
We want to earn your Travel Insurance business. When you’re ready to get this 330CSA Travel Insurance plan, just call us or follow the online purchase link. If you buy online, we get credit for your business even though the transaction takes place on their secure website.
Questions? Call Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve toll free at 1-888-407-3854.
RentalTravelinsurance.com is a division of TripInsuranceStore.com
Since Jan. 2005
Easily Contact RentalTravelinsurance.com via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 466
Owatonna, MN 55060
Toll free: 1-888-407-3854
Office hours: (Eastern Time Zone)
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 4 pm
Sunday: 2 - 4 pm
- We'll call you back if we miss your call
We have multiple phone lines so you will reach Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve live. Call back if our lines are busy. If you get our voicemail, leave a message - we return all calls promptly.
|Recommend this page|